Friday, July 23, 2010

Welcome Back...Kids and Food

Hello everyone.....just thought I would continue where I left off. I am excited about starting my new business and look forward to hearing from everyone. Since my children were born, John 4 and Olivia almost 3, I have for the most part stayed home and taken care of them. It has been a challenge daily, to find foods that they both like to eat and are good for them. I was told by one of my son's occupational therapists that it takes a child 7 times of trying a food to eventually like it or want to have it again. I have made an effort with sticking to that and making them try everything several times. I always try to put a twist on what I cook for them. For example, yesterday for lunch I made my son a grilled cinnamon and sugar peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It is a spin-off of a grilled cheese and he loved it. I took two pieces of whole wheat bread, buttered it, sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on the buttered sides and grilled it on low heat in a non-stick frying pan. Please let it cool before serving to kids. The sugar on the bread caramelizes and is very hot!! I cut into quarters and he loved it. I am thinking my husband would enjoy this as well. Happy cooking and I look forward to sending you an update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment